Please Note: If you are calling to book an appointment for cough, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash or trouble breathing, please advise the receptionist when booking your appointment. You will be advised that you MUST use hand sanitizer and put on a mask provided in the vestibule prior to entering the clinic.
High Risk Flu Shot Clinic
Two High Risk Walk-In Clinics will be offered on Monday, October 22, 2018 and Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 4 pm -6 pm. Please have your health card ready, patients will be registered on a first come, first serve basis. We anticipate this to be a quick process for patients. Additional Flu Shot Clinics for the General Population will be announced after October 25th.
Please see the criteria below to determine your eligibility to attend our High Risk Clinic:
- You are a patient of Rideau Crossing Family Health Centre
- Individuals at high risk of influenza-related complications or more likely to require hospitalization:
- All pregnant women
- People who are residents of nursing homes or other chronic care facilities
- People ≥ 65 years of age
- All children 6 to 59 months of age
- Indigenous peoples
- Adults or children with chronic health conditions as follows:
- cardiac or pulmonary disorders
- diabetes mellitus or other metabolic disease
- conditions which compromise the immune system (due to underlying disease, therapy or both)
- renal disease
- anemia or hemoglobinopathy
- neurologic or neurodevelopmental conditions
- morbid obesity (body mass index of ≥ 40
- children and adolescents (6 months to 18 years) undergoing treatment with acetylsalicylic acid for long periods
- Individuals capable of transmitting influenza to those at high risk:
- Health care workers and other care providers in facilities and community settings
- Household contacts (adults and children) of individuals at high risk of influenza related complications
- Persons who provide care to children ≤ 59 months of age.
- Those who provide services within a closed or relatively closed setting to persons at high risk (e.g., crew on a ship)
- In addition, the ministry strongly recommends that swine and poultry industry workers receive influenza immunization as early as possible.
Did you know we offer a Patient Portal?
The Health Myself Portal provides a secure and convenient way for patients and providers to engage online. Ability to book appointments on line and send and receive messages in a controlled environment. Speak with your doctor or one of our staff today to sign up! Additional information can be found at healthmyself.ca
Physicians Accepting New Patients
Dr. GIzzi, Dr. Pelletier, Dr. Walsh, Dr. Rathwell and Dr. Rutherford are accepting new patients.
Please contact us at 613-258-0100 ext 223 to book your first visit.
You may also drop by to register in person at 90 Royal Landing Gate, Kemptville, Ontario
(located north on Country Rd 44, next to the entrance to the eQuinelle subdivision), Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm. New patients will be booked with the first available physician.
Medical Outreach Mission – November 2018
A team from Rideau Crossing will be returning to Tanzania in November 2018 to provide medical care and health education to people in need. See Medical Outreach for details.